Washing vertical blind slats.
The best method we’ve found is as follows:
- Take your slats down from the track by unhooking each slat hanger from the hooks inside the track
- Fill a bath or large sink with warm soapy water (any mild detergent will do)
- Submerge the slats (inc weights and chains) in the water and give them a swish around
- Empty the bath or sink and let the excess water drain off the slats for a minute or so
- Grab a couple of towels and place them along the window sill
- While the slats are still wet/damp, hang them all back up (this way they won’t dry with any creases in them)
- Leave the slats to dry with the towels underneath to catch any dripping water
And you’re done! It’s as easy as that.
- Don’t put vertical slats in the washing machine or tumble dryer – even inside a pillowcase they can fray and even shrink.
- Any stains that have appeared over the years may not come out during 1 wash – tough stains may need multiple washes.
- If your slats are beyond repair from the washing machine – check out our slat renewal service in our showrooms.
If you have any questions about washing your vertical blinds or a general enquiry – please call us on 01782 271313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.