Thinking of buying blinds online from BlindsUBuy but aren’t confident about measuring blinds yourself? We’re here to help with our top tips for perfect fitting blinds every time.
Measuring blinds for recess size:
- If the blind is to fit inside the window recess, you will need to measure the full width and height of the recess in three places as the diagram shows.
- Enter the smallest measurement of the 3 for the WIDTH and the smallest measurement of the 3 for the DROP.
NOTE: THIS SHOULD INCLUDE ANY DADO RAILS, TILES OR OBSTRUCTIONS
Dependant on the type of blind you want, we will make the appropriate deductions to ensure a perfect fit.
Measuring blinds for outside recess or blind size:
- If you know the exact size of the blind you require or you are replacing an existing one then measure the exact size and tell us it’s BLIND SIZE. This applies if the blind is to be fitted outside the window as you will need to measure the area you want the blind to cover.
- We will make the blind to this specified size with no deductions.
- We recommend that the blind extends 5cm either side of the window, and at least 7cm at the top. The overlap at the bottom is personal preference but do take into account any obstacles, such as radiators.
We hope that this was helpful and that you are now ready to measure blinds and buy online. We also have easy-to-use fitting instructions available online here: http://www.blindsubuy.co.uk/pages/fitting-information.html